1. nvs. Sea, sea water; area near the sea, seaside, lowlands; tide, current in the sea; insipid, brackish, tasteless. I kai, towards the sea. Makai, on the seaside, toward the sea, in the direction of the sea. O kai, of the lowland, of the sea, seaward. Nā kānaka o kai, shore dwellers. Nā kai ʻewalu, the eight seas [a poetic expression for the channels dividing the eight inhabited islands]. Kai lalo, lower sea, i.e., western sea, where the sun sets. Ka mokupuni kai lalo, ʻo Kauaʻi, Kauiʻi, the island of the western sea. Kō a kai, people from the shore district. (PPN tahi, PNP tai.)
pū.pū - 1. n. General name for marine and land shells; beads, snail (Biblical). Lei pūpū ō Niʻihau, shell beads of Niʻihau. See lei pūpū. Mehe pūpū lā e heheʻe ana (Hal. 58.8), like the snail that dissolves [into slime]. (PCP puupuu.)
Kaipū Meaning Ocean Shell, This photo was taken by us, and all shells were collected responsibly on the shore- we never take live specimens (they were empty, no one home). Love is made out of Coral and the O is a Sand Dollar, the V is also a Heart Shaped Coral.
Bring some color to your daily bathing ritual or turn a day at the beach into a pā'ina with our Signature Towels! These Towels are made from a cozy cotton terry and soft poly face with great color vibrancy.
• 52% cotton, 48% polyester
• Fabric weight: 10.6 oz/y² (360 g/m²)
• Size: 30″ × 60″ × 0.28″ (76 × 152 × 0.7 cm)
• Printed on one side only
• The non-printed side is made of terry fabric, making the towel more water-absorbent